Junior Data Analyst
Junior Data Analyst
Salary: From £24,000 per annum negotiable depending on experience
Contract: Fixed Term Contract (9 months) .05 FTE (part time)
Location: Hybrid - flexibility to work from home or at any of our main hubs (London, Bristol, Manchester and Harwell)
Jisc is the UK higher, further education and skills sectors’ not-for-profit organisation for digital services and solutions. We believe education and research improves lives, and technology improves education and research.
Our vision is for the UK to be a world leader in technology for education and research and our mission is to power and empower our members with the technology and data they need to succeed. We know that digital technology has the ability to transform the student experience. We have the experience, expertise and know-how to drive that transformation.
At Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. We want to create a culture of lifelong learning. You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the education and research sectors.
We celebrate diversity, embrace our differences and know that this is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive and we are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to support the Intelligence and Analytics team to gather, analyse and present data to effectively benchmark, analyse, and monitor the Licensing portfolio to enable presentation to Digital Resources Senior Leadership Team and with other areas of Jisc; drive and inform licensing negotiations; and inform, support, and provide value to our members.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work as part of the Intelligence and Analytics team to prototype, develop, launch, maintain and enhance a portfolio of licensing data analytics products that are quality assured, user focused, automated, reliable and secure
• Work closely with the Data Analysts, to understand project aim, product vision and timescales and to contribute to sprint backlogs that are understood by everyone, and deliver discrete increments of the project and product
• Creating statistically valid, user friendly visualisations and dashboards
• Explore opportunities for improved collection, analysis, use and presentation of data and information, both within and without Digital Resources, including identifying where data is missing, needed and how to or who to collect it from
Key Skills and Experience:
• Excellent organisational, analytical, problem solving and time-management skills and is detail-focused
• Strong IT skills, including MS Office suite or similar, particularly Excel
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal such as creating clear documentation and reports
• Experience in gathering data and information using surveys or other routes
• Experience of combining and analysing data using software such as MS Excel
• Experience of presenting and summarising data and information in written and/or visual ways through tools such as MS PowerPoint or other graphical software
Please refer to the job description for full details.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Why work at Jisc:
At Jisc we believe a balance between your personal and professional life is essential to your happiness and fulfilment. We work flexibly at Jisc and focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We offer hybrid working and although the majority of our staff work from home, getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. If you prefer an office environment all our hubs are open and offer a great space to work.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• Flexible work pattern, which can adapt to suit your schedules and personal commitments
• 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and an additional three closure days over Christmas
• A generous pension scheme with above average employer contributions
• A range of leave options, including parental leave, volunteer leave and even career breaks.
• A generous budget to attend conferences and in-person training
• Allocated allowance of up to £250 to equip your home office
• A company culture which supports and promotes personal learning and development, including access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning
• Mental health first aid trained staff and supportive environment, plus your own Wellbeing allowance to spend on wellbeing for you
• Financial well-being support
• Discounts on big-name high-street stores
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee recognition awards and travel loans
Equality, diversity and inclusion
At Jisc, we strive to be best in practice and are working hard to achieve progressive change. ‘Always inclusive’ is one of our six guiding principles - a principle which actively encourages acceptance of differences within individuals.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodivergence, trans status, veteran status or gender identity.
Please do let us know what reasonable adjustments you need made to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We will be happy to help you.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 24/01/2023