Webrecruit Accessibility Statement
Webrecruit is committed to providing rich, highly functional, long-term solutions for the needs of all, making our platform truly accessible.
We are committed to working with our users to provide the best possible experience. As a minimum, all our content aims to conform to level AA of the latest Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines also makes web content more user friendly for all users.
Webrecruit are committed to providing a platform which is accessible by all users. If you experience any problems or have feedback regarding our accessibility, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org where we will respond as quickly as possible.
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring our system meets a wide range of accessibility guidelines (including WCAG 2.1), we provide tools for users to customise their Webrecruit ATS interface
- Our platform can be resized down to a width of 320px without requiring horizontal scrolling. This reduces the difficulty using Webrecruit ATS for people of low vision.
- We offer highly customisable colour profiles to ensure users can easily distinguish components. This feature allows users to customise the colour of each component on our platform. We offer several default profiles for common vision deficiencies such as Tritanopia.
Line Spacing and Text Width
- We offer a minimum line spacing of 1.5x the standard page font. We also allow a maximum line width of 80 characters. This helps users of low vision to read blocks of text.
- We provide alt text and descriptions for any images used across our platform. We also provide detailed labels for any interactable elements; this gives screen reader users a better experience as they can be sure of an element’s purpose where a typically able user might be able to infer purpose from context.
- The browser can be used to zoom in or out using the CTRL key with either the – or + key. This is standard behaviour for mainstream browsers, and we ensure we fully support this functionality.
Our development team use an in-house ‘Style Guide’ as a design and development tool that brings cohesion to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX). It is designed to ensure consistency over crucial UI components including colours, sizes, iconography and language. It also documents important UX components such as hover states and popovers.
The guide has been written to comply with the .GOV.UK Design System (https://design-system.service.gov.uk/get-started/) which also guides our considerations towards accessibility.
Screen Reader & Screen Magnifier Capabilities
Webrecruit ATS can be used in conjunction with screen readers including JAWS, VoiceOver, Window Eyes and Supernova, and we are committed to giving users the best possible experience when using them.
In addition to this, we support screen magnifiers such as ZoomText and Glassbrick, and speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking and Claro (as well as in-built system speech packages and all OS specific accessibility tools).
Browser & OS Capabilities
Webrecruit ATS is accessible and functional by any device that supports a mobile internet browser. This includes any device capable of running the current versions of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- macOS (OS X Yosemite)
- iOS 12 or iOS 13
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) through to Android 10
This device list includes, but is not limited to, mobile devices, tablets, gaming consoles, laptops and desktops. The system also adopts a responsive design that adapts to the user's environment based on screen size, platform and orientation. The practice consists of a mix of flexible grids & layouts, images and an intelligent use of CSS media queries.
Webrecruit ATS is fully functional on the latest versions of:
- Windows 10 – Edge, Chrome and Firefox
- Apple Mac - Safari and Firefox