About the Job
Salary: circa £23,000 per annum depending on experience
Location: Hybrid - office based with full flexibility to work from home or at any of our hubs –(Harwell preferred)
Jisc is the UK higher, further education and skills sectors’ not-for-profit organisation for digital services and solutions. We believe education and research improves lives, and technology improves education and research.
Our vision is for the UK to be a world leader in technology for education and research and our mission is to power and empower our members with the technology and data they need to succeed. We know that digital technology has the ability to transform the student experience. We have the experience, expertise and know-how to drive that transformation.
At Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. We want to create a culture of lifelong learning. You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the education and research sectors.
We celebrate diversity, embrace our differences and know that this is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive and we are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
About the team and the role:
The network delivery group is responsible for the fulfilment of connectivity services to members and customers, the build of core Janet infrastructure. The Service and Onboarding group are primarily responsible for the first of these areas, fulfilment of connectivity services to members and customers.
You will be expected to project manage, drive and record the customer fulfilment process from initial request to service acceptance, championing the customer within Jisc and back to key suppliers.
You will begin working at the administrator level, and on achievement of certain tasks you will then have the opportunity to progress to the coordinator and specialist levels. This role is part of our Technical Careers Pathway and there is a long term aim for you to progress and develop within the team.
• Act as project manager during the end-to-end customer fulfilment process, from request, through quote, contract, order, delivery, commissioning, and ultimately service acceptance
• Work with suppliers, network engineers, project managers and customers/members to plan, capture and complete a complex series of tasks
• Act as communication point between customers and suppliers to gather and disseminate project information and updates
• Ensure project activities are accurately recorded in the relevant information systems
Key Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience of working in a service delivery environment
• Ideally previous experience working for a Telecommunications Network, Supplier or Internet Service Provider.
• Adaptability and excellent communication and organisational skills
• Self-motivation and determination with a proven ability to multi-task
• Well organised with a methodical approach to work
• The ability to translate and communicate technical information would be advantageous
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Why work at Jisc:
At Jisc we believe a balance between your personal and professional life is essential to your happiness and fulfilment. We work flexibly at Jisc and focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We offer hybrid working and although the majority of our staff work from home, getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. If you prefer an office environment all our hubs are open and offer a great space to work.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• Flexible work pattern, which can adapt to suit your schedules and personal commitments
• 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and an additional three closure days over Christmas
• A generous pension scheme with above average employer contributions
• A range of leave options, including parental leave, volunteer leave and even career breaks.
• A generous budget to attend conferences and in-person training
• Allocated allowance of up to £250 to equip your home office
• A company culture which supports and promotes personal learning and development, including access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning
• Mental health first aid trained staff and supportive environment, plus your own Wellbeing allowance to spend on wellbeing for you
• Financial well-being support
• Discounts on big-name high-street stores
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee recognition awards and travel loans
Equality, diversity and inclusion
At Jisc, we strive to be best in practice and are working hard to achieve progressive change. ‘Always inclusive’ is one of our six guiding principles - a principle which actively encourages acceptance of differences within individuals.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodivergence, trans status, veteran status or gender identity.
Please do let us know what reasonable adjustments you need made to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We will be happy to help you.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 15/11/2022
Please log in below using your existing username and password - once logged-in, you will be presented with a menu of options.
If you have not already registered, then please register now.