Library Data Analyst
Salary: circa £30,000 per annum when working full time (35 hours)
Contract: 24 month Fixed Term Contract - end date 10/2023
Location: Hybrid or at any of our hubs
We’re looking for amazing people to help us drive a digital revolution for the benefit of society.
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our passionate team of people want to make a social impact and challenge conventional thinking as they work on cutting-edge, emerging technologies and solutions – the kind you won’t find anywhere else.
A place of openness and inclusivity, here we don’t just execute – we have the creative freedom and support to ideate, build and see our impact on an entire collective.
No pigeonholes or boxes, we believe great ideas come from everywhere and we’re all driven to live up to our leading reputation.
Not only do we have the opportunity to work at the highest level, but on meaningful projects too. That’s why we look for brave risk-takers – those who are always thinking one step ahead to power our organisation forward, and realise our digital vision.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
• Experience of working in the Higher Education sector or within scholarly communication is advantageous
• A strong grasp of basic statistical techniques.
• Demonstrable experience in liaising and negotiating with key stakeholders at a range of levels, including representatives of institutions and commercial bodies such as publishers
• Experience of using the software Tableau and Alteryx is essential
• A good working knowledge of a programming language would be an advantage
The Data analyst will be responsible for collecting, analysing and presenting a wide range of data on scholarly communications (such as journal title lists, publications metadata and usage data).
These data and reports will support several services that Jisc offers to its customers, such as our library support services directly aimed at institutions, and will inform our negotiations with publishers on behalf of our members.
The prime purpose of the role is to provide high quality data analysis to Jisc and its customers
Why work at Jisc:
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too, We offer:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
• You have the option to join a generous pension scheme
• We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can, our main officers are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, we don’t use closing dates. This role was advertised on 17/11/2021.