Role: Reward Consultant
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience
Contract: 12 month FTC (35 hours per week)
Location: Hybrid (combination of office and home working)
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change – at Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact on our collective is huge.
We’re a place unlike any other, where the best of education fuses with the best of technology to create a unique model with unique opportunities and interesting problems to solve in a diverse and inclusive environment. It’s what keeps our work varied, original and surprising – and that’s why we love it.
Our HR team’s core belief is that the employee experience should match our member and customer’s experience. We exist to empower our people to be their best everyday, helping realise potential through identifying, growing and retaining diverse talent and embracing education and technology. Our vision is to ensure Jisc is your #1 place to work, and we are passionate about offering fantastic internal mobility opportunities and career pathways for all our staff. You will be pivotal to the success of an exciting pay framework and harmonisation project, where you will work collaboratively across Jisc stakeholders reporting into our Head of Reward. This is such an amazing opportunity to join Jisc at a really exciting time, particularly taking the journey with us and our new CEO who joined us in 2021.
We know that sometimes people can be put off from applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience to join our growing Reward team here at Jisc:
• Must have advanced MS Excel with previous experience using Wills Towers Watson job evaluation methodology & market data
• Proven experience of providing and analysing complex data , Data reporting and visualisation
• The ability to interpret and present data in a simple and meaningful way, with experience of storytelling using metrics and using data to make informed recommendations
• Strong communication skills – ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
• The ability to work effectively under pressure whilst retaining accuracy
• Proven experience of Reward & HR project delivery
About the role:
The HR reward analyst is a project based role supporting the Pay Framework & Harmonisation project.
• To collate & maintain a centralised and accurate information database detailing all existing legacy terms and conditions by individual, including where appropriate cost/value for internal HR use
• Undertake role and job family benchmarking and external market research & insights to assess market competitiveness and internal equity, using Towers Watson job evaluation methodology and external data sources.
• To undertake and present detailed analysis of the implications of change for groups and individual staff in order to make informed data decisions.
• Provide research, analysis and insights to support the delivery of market review, pay framework and harmonisation initiatives in line with the people strategy
• Providing data and analysis on all reward and benefits arrangements across the organisation, to provide a thorough understanding of Total Reward packages, supporting the harmonisation project
Why work at Jisc:
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working, including flexible hours and working from home.
We’re always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
• The option to join a generous pension scheme
• A wide range of discounts, a cycle scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans, as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is easy, thanks to our technology but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. Our main offices are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester, so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 10/01/2022