Account Executive – Prospects recruitment advertising sales
Full time, permanent role
Circa £24,500 + uncapped commission package
Location: Manchester (combination of office and home working)
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change – at Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact on our collective is huge.
We’re a place unlike any other, where the best of education fuses with the best of technology to create a unique model with its unique opportunities and interesting problems to solve. It’s what keeps our work varied, original and surprising – and that’s why we love it.
Prospects (part of Jisc) are the experts in early careers. We guide students and graduates to a bright future with unrivalled information, advice and opportunities. Working at the heart of the university sector and graduate labour market for more than 40 years, we provide a market-leading portfolio of graduate career and postgraduate study recruitment options and work in partnership with employers, higher and further education institutions, professional bodies and government to deliver unique services that benefit the sector as a whole.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience to join the Prospects employer sales team:
• Previous experience of working in a sales or recruitment role
• Experience of using CRM systems
• Confident verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work towards and be motivated by sales targets
• Focused on delivering service excellence for all customers with an understanding of what good customer service looks like
• Ability to work collaboratively with team colleagues and other stakeholders
• Organised and self-motivated
• A knowledge of and interest in the student and graduate job market would be an advantage.
We know that sometimes people can be put off from applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
About the role:
The Account Executive is responsible for delivering successful recruitment campaigns for employers in the student and graduate job market. They are responsible for managing a territory of existing and prospective customers and delivering income against monthly and annual product targets. The role entails the management of existing customers but the primary focus is new business generation.
Role responsibilities include:
• Delivering successful attraction campaigns according to customer needs and objectives
• Focusing on generating new business and building relationships with regional business communities
• Achieving monthly and annual sales targets and meeting (and reporting on) monthly KPIs
• Being the primary point of contact and building long-term trusted relationships with customers
• Following correct sales procedures and using the CRM system in line with company policy
• Providing accurate and regular sales income information – weekly forecast, feeding into divisional monthly income report
• Updating sector and market knowledge by participating in training opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and engaging with professional organisations
• Representing Jisc at conferences, exhibitions, events and fairs
Why work at Jisc?
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
• 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
• You have the option to join a generous pension scheme
• We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and is essential in this role, so you will need to travel. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. This role was posted on 13/10/21.