Senior Product Owner – Data & Dashboard Platforms
Salary: circa £46,000 per annum when working full time (35 hours)
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our passionate team of people want to make a social impact and challenge conventional thinking as they work on cutting-edge, emerging technologies and solutions – the kind you won’t find anywhere else.
A place of openness and inclusivity, here we don’t just execute – we have the creative freedom and support to ideate, build and see our impact on an entire collective.
No pigeonholes or boxes, we believe great ideas come from everywhere and we’re all driven to live up to our leading reputation.
Not only do we have the opportunity to work at the highest level, but on meaningful projects too. That’s why we look for brave risk-takers – those who are always thinking one step ahead to power our organisation forward, and realise our digital vision.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
• Demonstrable and proven experience of developing and delivering data and/or dashboard platforms within industry or in education
• Experience within a product owner, product management or innovation research and development role with a proven ability to manage multiple projects at any one time.
• Experience of design thinking and enhancing the customer journey
• Experience taking products or platforms through the full product lifecycle, from initial problem to active service and beyond.
• Experience of working within an agile and scrum environment using product lifecycle management tools.
• Experience of working and building strong relationships with a multitude of stakeholders and customers in the context of product discovery and delivery
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills in both technical and non - technical communications & presentations
This role is in our analytics development team. The analytics development team is responsible for the vision, ownership and development of the growing Jisc Data Analytics product portfolio currently including analytics for teaching, learning and wellbeing (including learning analytics), business intelligence (including Heidi Plus and Online Surveys), and product innovation/new product development.
The purpose of this role is to product own our existing and developing data and dashboard platforms. You will ensure that data and dashboard content is delivered to our customers and users securely, efficiently and at pace, and their customer journey is optimised. You will be responsible for creating, maintaining and communicating a clear vision for existing and developing platforms - working with development teams to ensure the vision is delivered. You will own your product backlogs and prioritise the features and enhancements that will achieve the best value for our customers and contribute to our strategic goals.
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too, We offer:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
• You have the option to join a generous pension scheme
• We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can, our main offices are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you. If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, we don’t use closing dates. We advertised this role on 24/09/21.