About the Job
Salary: Circa £26,000 per annum negotiable depending on experience
Location: Hybrid - flexibility to work from home or at any of our main hubs (London, Bristol, Manchester and Harwell)
Jisc is the UK higher, further education and skills sectors’ not-for-profit organisation for digital services and solutions. We believe education and research improves lives, and technology improves education and research.
Our vision is for the UK to be a world leader in technology for education and research and our mission is to power and empower our members with the technology and data they need to succeed. We know that digital technology has the ability to transform the student experience. We have the experience, expertise and know-how to drive that transformation.
At Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. We want to create a culture of lifelong learning. You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the education and research sectors.
We celebrate diversity, embrace our differences and know that this is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive and we are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
The innovation support team are a small (currently 4) friendly team. We provide support as required to enable the effective operation and performance of Jisc, ultimately accelerating the development of new products and technical support. Our work is extremely ‘hands on’ and varied.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a keen interest in technology and its application in education and research – you will be looking for an opportunity to gain exposure to innovation, new product development, software development and other activities core to technology companies.
You’ll have responsibility to help coordinate and ultimately deliver innovative projects involving cutting edge and innovative technology to make an impact in the education and research sectors.
We care about your career so we’ll help you develop your career and this includes providing training and development in disciplines such as project management.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the product design and management processes designed to enable us to generate new ideas and develop products into successful services
• Organising projects meetings and events (internal and external) and contributing to the delivery of external meetings working with the events team as appropriate
• Supporting the deployment of the agile framework acting as SCRUM master and assisting with other agile events
• Help to support internal communications within and between the teams and between the teams and external stakeholders as required
Key Skills and Experience:
• Experience of project support and management with some understanding of a range of project support and management techniques
• Ability to accurately follow complex processes to achieve necessary outcomes, and to feedback where these processes can be improved
• Ability to build manage and develop good working relationships
• Experience effectively working in a team
• Collaborative and creative mindset
• Diverse and adaptive communication techniques
• An understanding of risk management would also be useful
Please refer to the job description for full details
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Why work at Jisc:
At Jisc we believe a balance between your personal and professional life is essential to your happiness and fulfilment. We work flexibly at Jisc and focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We offer hybrid working and although the majority of our staff work from home, getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. If you prefer an office environment all our hubs are open and offer a great space to work.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• Flexible work pattern, which can adapt to suit your schedules and personal commitments
• 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and an additional three closure days over Christmas
• A generous pension scheme with above average employer contributions
• A range of leave options, including parental leave, volunteer leave and even career breaks.
• A generous budget to attend conferences and in-person training
• Allocated allowance of up to £250 to equip your home office
• A company culture which supports and promotes personal learning and development, including access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning
• Mental health first aid trained staff and supportive environment, plus your own Wellbeing allowance to spend on wellbeing for you
• Financial well-being support
• Discounts on big-name high-street stores
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee recognition awards and travel loans
Equality, diversity and inclusion
At Jisc, we strive to be best in practice and are working hard to achieve progressive change. ‘Always inclusive’ is one of our six guiding principles - a principle which actively encourages acceptance of differences within individuals.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodivergence, trans status, veteran status or gender identity.
Please do let us know what reasonable adjustments you need made to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We will be happy to help you.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 23/01/2023.
Please log in below using your existing username and password - once logged-in, you will be presented with a menu of options.
If you have not already registered, then please register now.