We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change – at Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact on our collective is huge.
We’re gearing up for our most exciting chapter yet – one with the chance to both build new systems and make our mark by improving old ones. Our story will be written by those ready to take on challenges and see them through; the kind of people who never stop learning, celebrating differences and using it to drive better solutions.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you're excited about working for us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with the below:
• A genuine interest in digital marketing, especially SEO
• A desire to learn all about digital marketing by completing a Digital Marketer degree apprenticeship as part of this role (studying at Manchester Metropolitan University)
• An inquisitive and creative mind, good at problem solving
• Good working knowledge of Office products including Word and Excel
• GCSE Mathematics and English Language (grade A*-C / 9-4) or equivalent
• Applicants should have a minimum of 104 UCAS points at A level (grades BCC) or an equivalent (eg BTEC DMM)
About the role:
As the Web traffic executive you will assist in delivering web analytics and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) services to the Student Services directorate. You will also assist in advising and influencing the wider teams in Jisc, especially with regards to SEO.
This role will be expected to begin the Digital Marketer degree apprenticeship at Manchester Metropolitan University in September 2021. This is a 4 year course covering the key principles of marketing, web technology and consumer behaviour. The course will also help develop transferable skills in communication, presentation and team working, quickly building the confidence to work successfully with external and internal customers.
You will work closely with the internal content teams to help them deliver world-class content in an SEO-friendly way. This will include keeping up to date with the latest SEO updates and encouraging best practice processes.
You will also produce reports for customer campaigns across multiple platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook Ads, Google Ad Manager, Google Ads and our email platform. As you grow your knowledge with all of these platforms and business areas there will be opportunities to shape our strategy and optimise both our customer and internal campaigns.
Why work at Jisc:
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home where possible.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
• You have the option to join the generous USS pension scheme
• We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and is essential in this role, so you will need to travel. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 11/04/21.