Technical Analyst - OpenAthens (Singapore)
Technical Analyst - OpenAthens
Salary: from S$45,000 per annum when working full time (max 40 hours per week)
(£24,214 to £26,905 per annum sterling equivalent)
Location: Must currently be based in Singapore – remote/home based
Languages required: English and either Mandarin or Cantonese
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our passionate team of people want to make a social impact and challenge conventional thinking as they work on cutting-edge, emerging technologies and solutions – the kind you won’t find anywhere else.
Jisc is a place of openness and inclusivity, here we don’t just execute – we have the creative freedom and support to ideate, build and see our impact on an entire collective.
No pigeonholes or boxes, we believe great ideas come from everywhere and we’re all driven to live up to our leading reputation.
Not only do we have the opportunity to work at the highest level, but on meaningful projects too. That’s why we look for brave risk-takers – those who are always thinking one step ahead to power our organisation forward and realise our digital vision.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
• Experience of providing support whilst working to SLA’s and call management procedures.
• Focus on delivering service excellence for all customers as well as internal and external stakeholders.
• A keen learner, with an understanding of web technologies and how basic web applications work.
• Fluent in English and one other language - ideally Mandarin or Cantonese.
• An understanding of library technologies and landscape would be preferred although is not essential.
• Experience supporting an application/software product would be preferred but not essential
As part of an evolving support team based outside of the UK, you will provide 1st line support and onboarding assistance for OpenAthens customers and partners in your region/time zone, offering expertise and guidance for new implementations as well as troubleshooting issues affecting live customers. You will also provide presales support for local sales teams.
You must be able to speak more than one language, and some international travel will be required. To be considered, you must be based in Singapore working remotely until our office location is finalised. Thereafter, you will be working flexiblity between the office and your home.
Responsibilities will be expected to be developed and finalised over time and will include but will not be restricted to:
1st line application support
• Provide 1st line support for all OpenAthens products and services
• Maintain a high level of customer service to all stakeholders
• Ensure incidents and service requests are handled effectively and within our SLAs, and maintain a high level of customer service to all stakeholders
• Monitor and triage the shared team inboxes
• Identify trends or patterns, communicate these appropriately, and know when to follow the appropriate escalation paths when required
• Build and maintain effective relationships with our partner support network
Presales and onboarding support
• Lead easy to medium difficulty implementations of the OpenAthens identity product
• Provide technical assistance to local sales teams in their presales activities for small to medium size prospects in your region/time zone
• Recommend the best way to implement OpenAthens, considering how the product fits with the rest of the customer’s infrastructure
• Recommend the best integration method for clients’ local directories
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too, We offer:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
• You have the option to join a generous pension scheme
• We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can, our main officers are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester so you may need to travel on occasion – this will predominantly be to the Bristol or Manchester offices.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, we don’t use closing dates. We advertised this role on 13/10/21