Salary: Circa £44,000 per annum depending on experience
Location: Hybrid - office based with flexibility to work from home or at any of our hubs – London, Bristol, Manchester and Harwell.
We believe in technology for good – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change – at Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact on our collective is huge.
We’re a place unlike any other, where the best of education fuses with the best of technology to create a unique model with unique opportunities and interesting problems to solve in a diverse and inclusive environment. It’s what keeps our work varied, original and surprising – and that’s why we love it.
We’re gearing up for our most exciting chapter yet – one with the chance to both build new systems and make our mark by improving old ones. Our story will be written by those ready to take on challenges and see them through; the kind of people who never stop learning, celebrating differences and using it to drive better solutions.
The Service Management Team are responsible for maintaining the infrastructure that the OpenAthens Service runs on and making sure it remains stable and secure. They are also responsible for bug fixes, minor product enhancements and project work.
About the role:
In this exciting and varied role, you will work to improve the quality, stability and security of the OpenAthens service. You will take the technical lead on security related projects involving infrastructure and development changes whilst leading others to the required outcome.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Take responsibility for security questionnaires for new and existing customers
• Perform internal security testing on our service and manage the mitigation of any issues
• Manage the penetration test cycle and produce the necessary reporting and metrics
• Be the first point of contact between OpenAthens and the Jisc information security team
• Coordinating our security testing approach in conjunction with our Dev and testing teams
• Investigate and resolve suspicious systems activity and produce the necessary reporting and metrics
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We are looking for:
• Proven demonstrable experience of working in a security related role within IT and developing security strategies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel
• Previous experience of using testing tools such as Burpsuite
• Knowledge of working to standards such as ISO27001
• Previous experience of working with Penetration tests either directly or through 3rd parties
• Security+ OR equivalent qualification
OpenAthens has the vision to become the world’s most user-friendly information access management experience, helping academics, students, scientists, and library patrons gain access to the knowledge they need to achieve great things.
You can find more about Jisc and OpenAthens and how these two fantastic digital businesses are working alongside to ensure the access management experiences for researchers, students and professional maintains the vital balance between simplicity and security – removing barriers to access and connecting people to knowledge.
Why work at Jisc:
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working, including flexible hours and working from home.
We’re always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
• The option to join a generous pension scheme
• A wide range of discounts, a cycle scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans, as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is easy, thanks to our technology but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. Our main offices are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester, so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 06/05/2022.