Senior Product Owner - Digital Vision
Senior Product Owner - Digital Vision
Salary: Circa £50,000 per annum negotiable depending on experience
Location: Hybrid - flexibility to work from home or at any of our main hubs (London, Bristol, Manchester and Harwell)
Jisc is the UK higher, further education and skills sectors’ not-for-profit organisation for digital services and solutions. We believe education and research improves lives, and technology improves education and research.
Our vision is for the UK to be a world leader in technology for education and research and our mission is to power and empower our members with the technology and data they need to succeed. We know that digital technology has the ability to transform the student experience. We have the experience, expertise and know-how to drive that transformation.
The Jisc Digital Vision will provide our customers and stakeholders with an exceptional digital experience. It will provide digital first platforms and approaches that allow us to showcase best practice and expand our capabilities to meet the future needs of our members. It will make us a more effective social enterprise with better focus on revenue and greater prudence on costs thorough improved processes and systems.
About the role:
We are looking for someone to drive the delivery of the Jisc Digital Vision, providing exceptional experiences to Jisc’s members and customers. You will work with the other senior product owners, the director of customer experience and the director of innovation operations to develop agile product roadmaps and collaborate with development teams utilising user centred design principles.
This is a fantastic opportunity and environment to drive innovation, ideate, create solutions and draw on your technical skills to deliver valued user experiences.
You will create, maintain and communicate a clear vision for your products to internal and external stakeholders, and ensure alignment between the vision, stakeholder needs, customer requirements, the Digital Vision and Jisc’s strategy.
Responsibilities will include:
• Liaise with employees at all levels of the organisation as well as third party suppliers to ensure new features are prioritised and developed to best meet their needs
• Gain first hand insight and deep understanding of our customers and their needs, desires and pain points by liaising directly with users
• Develop good technical understanding of the products and technology employed
• Initiating and leading discussions with other key areas of the directorate and the organisation to collaborate
• Ensure that scrum values, practices and rules are clearly defined, understood and adhered to
Key Skills and Experience:
• Relevant experience in one or more of the following or other suitable roles:
o Agile product owner
o Business analysis, development, planning or strategy
o Content creation, design or production
o Market research
o New product development
o Product, service, programme or project management
o Social research
o Technology strategy
o User design
o User experience design
o User interface design
o Web development
• Ability to effectively define, prioritise and manage the development of product features
• Experience in a product owner, product role with a proven ability to manage multiple projects at any one time
• Experience taking products or platforms through the full product lifecycle, from initial problem to active service and beyond
• Demonstrate an ability to work within an agile and scrum environment using product lifecycle management tools
• Track record of building strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and customers in the context of product discovery and delivery phases
• Must be able to demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills with a creative and collaborative approach
Please refer to the job description for full details
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Why work at Jisc:
At Jisc we believe a balance between your personal and professional life is essential to your happiness and fulfilment. We work flexibly at Jisc and focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We offer hybrid working and although the majority of our staff work from home, getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. If you prefer an office environment all our hubs are open and offer a great space to work.
At Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. We want to create a culture of lifelong learning. You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the education and research sectors.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• Flexible work pattern, which can adapt to suit your schedules and personal commitments
• 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and an additional three closure days over Christmas
• A generous pension scheme with above average employer contributions
• A range of leave options, including parental leave, volunteer leave and even career breaks.
• A generous budget to attend conferences and in-person training
• Allocated allowance of up to £250 to equip your home office
• A company culture which supports and promotes personal learning and development, including access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning
• Mental health first aid trained staff and supportive environment, plus your own Wellbeing allowance to spend on wellbeing for you
• Financial well-being support
• Discounts on big-name high-street stores
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee recognition awards and travel loans
Equality, diversity and inclusion
At Jisc, we strive to be best in practice and are working hard to achieve progressive change. ‘Always inclusive’ is one of our six guiding principles - a principle which actively encourages acceptance of differences within individuals.
We celebrate diversity, embrace our differences and know that this is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive and we are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodivergence, trans status, veteran status or gender identity.
Please do let us know what reasonable adjustments you need made to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We will be happy to help you.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 23/01/2023.