Salary: From £35,000 based on full-time hours of 35 hours pw
Location: Harwell or Bristol
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change – at Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact on our collective is huge.
We’re a place unlike any other, where the best of education fuses with the best of technology to create a unique model with its unique opportunities and interesting problems to solve. It’s what keeps our work varied, original and surprising – and that’s why we love it.
We’re gearing up for our most exciting chapter yet – one with the chance to both build new systems and make our mark by improving old ones. Our story will be written by those ready to take on challenges and see them through; the kind of people who never stop learning, celebrating differences and using it to drive better solutions.
Here, world-class is our ambition and maximising our social impact means everything – because when we prosper, everyone prospers. So if you’re ready to own it and run with it, to learn fast and get it done, to take pride in what you do and never stand still, then this is the place.
Join Jisc. A social enterprise unlike any other.
The Contracts Team are responsible for the management of a number of Jisc contracts and frameworks/Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPSs) as well as managing the Janet Network equipment lifecycle. As well as contract management they are also responsible for supplier relationship management, acting as the focal point for the various contracts and developing effective working relationships with the suppliers, whilst also managing the supply chain to ensure that suppliers continue to meet the contractual requirements and provide the best value for money.
To summarise, we’re ideally looking for someone with:
• Track record of substantial success in a similar role with personal responsibility for promoting and managing frameworks
• Experience of working in a diverse team meeting multiple requirements whilst adhering to the necessary regulations
• Experience of service and contract management
• Experience of people management, to include performance management, mentoring and developing team members
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Effective negotiating skills
• Confident presentation skills able to communicate with and influence stakeholders of various levels
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you're excited about working for us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
About the role:
Working closely with the Procurement Team and the Contract Support Team, the Framework Team Manager will lead the Framework Team to provide Jisc frameworks and DPSs management, promotion, and development.
This will include, but will not be restricted to:
• Dealing with all queries relating to the frameworks/DPSs and taking ownership of any issues/escalations, actively following these through until satisfactory resolution
• Building excellent working relationships with suppliers, internal stakeholder groups and also with external groups to ensure the best promotion and utilisation of Jisc and its frameworks
• Take a take a proactive role in evaluating tender responses for inclusion of suppliers onto a framework/DPS
• Representing Jisc and proactively reporting on framework/DPS activity at the National ICT Category group (NICT)
• Ensure relevant reporting is provided to other external groups such as the HEPA Board as required; developing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure framework/DPS delivery is effective.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of continuous improvements to the Jisc framework/DPS portfolio whilst ensuring the frameworks/DPSs are fit for purpose and meet stakeholder and members requirements
• Being an integral part of the Contract Management Leadership team
• Analysing reports, assessing the supplier’s performance against SLAs and managing a programme of service reviews, ensuring all relevant data is collated, documented and distributed in a timely manner and chairing these meetings
• Maintaining accurate and detailed records
• Manage and motivate the team, coaching less experienced colleagues, setting objectives and reviewing performance to ensure all have the necessary skills and understanding to deliver team objectives.
Why work at Jisc:
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home where possible.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
• We offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 days Christmas closure)
• Simply health – a health cash plan
• You have the option to join the generous USS pension scheme
• We provide discounts on IT equipment, a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and is essential in this role, so you will need to travel. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 01/02/21.