Senior Business Development Manager (bilingual)
Role: Senior Business Development Manager (bilingual) – OpenAthens
Salary: From £47,000 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus generous commission scheme
Location: Remote or at any of our main hubs (London, Bristol, Manchester and Harwell)
Fluency in English and Spanish is essential
Jisc is the UK higher, further education and skills sectors’ not-for-profit organisation for digital services and solutions. We believe education and research improves lives, and technology improves education and research. Our vision is for the UK to be a world leader in technology for education and research and our mission is to power and empower our members with the technology and data they need to succeed. We know that digital technology has the ability to transform the student experience. We have the experience, expertise and know-how to drive that transformation.
This exciting role is within our OpenAthens service, who are global leaders in making knowledge accessible through a single sign-on easy. We help more than 2,600 organisations with 5 million users in over 65 countries have access to the knowledge they want, when they want it.
Part of Jisc since 2019, OpenAthens is a software as a service (SaaS) suite of technology products, with in-house product, development, marketing, sales and customer support teams.
The OpenAthens commercial team are key to delivering our ambitious growth plans worldwide and maintaining our high customer retention rates with libraries and publishers. Our strategic goal is to double the number of OpenAthens subscribers over the next 5 years.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Global Sales & Partnerships, you should be fluent in Spanish and English as the role’s primary sales territory will be Latin America and Spain. Working with our suite of products for libraries, the role will incorporate selling to customers in the academic, healthcare, government and corporate research sectors.
You will be highly skilled in consultative selling and have experience working within the technology industry. Managing your own sales pipeline, you will be comfortable responding to complex technical enquiries from prospects and customers, with a requirement to demo products and solution sell.
You’ll nurture existing reseller relationships, lead growth plans in emerging markets and identify new areas for future success.
Developing a strategic sales plan early on, you should be comfortable owning and prioritising your time and resource effectively in order to achieve commercial targets set by the business.
Motivating and collaborating with sales and marketing teams within our international partner network will be key to success. Therefore you will demonstrate previous experience working with resellers and localising your approach, understanding and accommodating the unique needs of regional markets.
Responsibilities will include:
• Pro-actively identifying new markets and nurturing existing sales activity
• Developing relationships with international sales partners and identifying new partners as appropriate
• Becoming a knowledgeable authority on the challenges library and publisher customers face
• Attending and presenting at key industry events, extensive global travel to support and promote OpenAthens
• Leading and presenting regular webinars for customers, prospects and partners
• Putting in place effective partner support processes and reporting mechanisms
• Working closely with the marketing communications team to help promote the OpenAthens brand and position the product for growth
• Working closely with the product team to identify and articulate market trends and customer requirements, championing the customer as new developments emerge
Key Skills and Experience:
• B2B technology product sales – both new business and account management
• Ability to close new business and manage sales through a pipeline and Bilingual in English/Spanish
• Strong experience of managing international sales via channel partners and resellers
• Account/relationship management and lead generation experience is essential
• You will have the innate ability to present and inspire an audience, providing live demo technology products
Please refer to the job description for full details.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Why work at Jisc:
At Jisc we believe a balance between your personal and professional life is essential to your happiness and fulfilment. We work flexibly at Jisc and focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We offer hybrid working and although the majority of our staff work from home, getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. If you prefer an office environment all our hubs are open and offer a great space to work.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• Flexible work pattern, which can adapt to suit your schedules and personal commitments
• 28 days holidays per annum plus bank holidays, and an additional 3 days for company closure between Christmas and New Year
• A generous pension scheme with above average employer contributions
• A range of leave options, including parental leave, volunteer leave and even career breaks.
• A generous budget to attend conferences and in-person training
• Allocated allowance to equip your home office
• A company culture which supports and promotes personal learning and development, including access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning
• Mental health first aid trained staff and supportive environment, plus your own Wellbeing allowance through our Jisc Reward gateway
• Financial well-being support
• Discounts on big-name high-street stores
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee recognition awards and travel loans
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
At Jisc, we strive to be best in practice and are working hard to achieve progressive change. ‘Always inclusive’ is one of our six guiding principles - a principle which actively encourages acceptance of differences within individuals.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodivergence, trans status, veteran status or gender identity.
Please do let us know what reasonable adjustments you may to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We will be happy to help you.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 21/09/2022