Project manager apprentice
Project manager apprenticeship (Level 4)
Salary £20,000 (when working full time 35 hours)
Contract 2 years
Location – flexible
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a meaningful impact and challenge conventional thinking. They’re brave risk-takers, who aren’t afraid to succeed and always think one step ahead.
For us, it’s all about having an entrepreneurial and growth mindset. Our culture is one of lifelong learning, where everyone’s voice and perspective is heard in a diverse, inclusive environment. At Jisc, we all play a key role in delivering meaningful and positive impact every single day. That’s the definition of a meaningful career.
Here we are surrounded by some of the brightest people in the sector, all dedicated to empower others to achieve their professional and personal ambitions. It’s inclusive and friendly, an ideal place to shape a career – from collecting new skills to finding our niche, here we are encouraged to try new things and keep us a the cutting-edge.
Here, world-class is our ambition and maximising our social impact means everything – because when we prosper, everyone prospers. So if you’re ready to own it and run with it, to learn fast and get it done, to take pride in what you do and never stand still, then this is the place.
Join Jisc. A social enterprise unlike any other.
Our apprenticeship programmes
We’ve worked hard to make our apprenticeship programmes the best experience they can be for everyone involved and are really proud to have been awarded 24th place in the top 100 apprenticeship employers in the UK.
Our apprenticeship programmes include:
• Meaningful and challenging work where your ideas will be heard, and you can really make a difference
• Comprehensive on the job training specially tailored for your course
• A fully trained internal mentor who will provide you with ongoing support and guidance
• Regular meet-ups with all our apprentices across Jisc, to share ideas and experiences, support each other and learn additional skills
• Plenty of time off to study, with our experts on hand to answer any questions you may have
• Lots of additional support from people like your manager, team mates and the apprenticeship team; we are a friendly bunch who all want you to do really well!
You will need the following to do this apprenticeship:
• An eye for detail
• Excellent planning and organising skills
• A strong customer focus
You’ll also need to be creative and curious, flexible, willing to learn and a real self-starter. You’ll need to be able to work hard, using your own initiative and be driven to make the most of the opportunity.
About the role
You’ll be responsible for supporting our further education directorate on an operational level as well as coordinating a variety of directorate projects and initiatives, both internal and member facing.
This apprenticeship will give you a great opportunity to earn while you learn with a salary and company benefits.
Why work at Jisc:
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working, including flexible hours and working from home.
We’re always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
• The option to join a generous pension scheme
• A wide range of discounts, a cycle scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans, as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is easy, thanks to our technology but getting face to face is something
we value and find time for when we can. Our main offices are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester, so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical to our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you’re great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
Let us know if you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We’ll be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s when we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match. We don’t usually use closing dates, so apply as soon as you can to avoid missing out. We advertised this role on the 10th September.