Service Support Officer (12 Month FTC Maternity Cover)
Service Support Officer
Salary: From £23,000 to £26,000 per annum depending on experience
Contract: 12 month FTC
Start Date: November 2022
Location: Hybrid - office based with full flexibility to work from home or at any of our hubs – London, Bristol, Manchester and Harwell. (Harwell preferred)
Jisc is the UK higher, further education and skills sectors’ not-for-profit organisation for digital services and solutions. We believe education and research improves lives, and technology improves education and research.
Our vision is for the UK to be a world leader in technology for education and research and our mission is to power and empower our members with the technology and data they need to succeed. We know that digital technology has the ability to transform the student experience. We have the experience, expertise and know-how to drive that transformation.
At Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. We want to create a culture of lifelong learning. You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the education and research sectors.
We celebrate diversity, embrace our differences and know that this is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive and we are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
Jisc currently provides a range of DDoS mitigation services, and we are looking to recruit a team member to provide maternity cover and to help develop and further enhance these services.
You will support network services team as well as support the security services processes designed to enable successful service delivery and help to ensure the team can run services effectively and support this process. Training and development in key areas associated with the services will be offered.
You can find out more about the Foundation Plus and Critical Services Protection services here:
Responsibilities will include:
• Support the production of service documentation, reporting and compliance with procedures
• Organise meetings and scoping calls (internal and external) with members and internal stakeholders
• Help to ensure the team can run services effectively and support this process with strong attention to detail
• Respond to member enquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Support the budgeting, procurement and purchasing process for the team, including finance processing and budget tracking tasks
• Book training courses and track certifications and accreditations
• Help maintain website and Jisc portal content
• Contribute to the identification and implementation of continuous improvement of the services’ administrative processes
Key Skills and Experience:
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to build effective working relationships; be able to communicate clearly, positively and respectfully, whether verbally or in writing
• Experience of working in customer service or in a customer facing role
• Excellent attention to detail and accurate data entry
• Cyber security, IT service desk, project support or service support experience would be advantageous
• Excellent planning and organisational skills are essential
• Experience of working in a fast-paced, fluid manner within a busy team
Please refer to the job description for full details
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Why work at Jisc:
At Jisc we believe a balance between your personal and professional life is essential to your happiness and fulfilment. We work flexibly at Jisc and focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We offer hybrid working and although the majority of our staff work from home, getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. If you prefer an office environment all our hubs are open and offer a great space to work.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• Flexible work pattern, which can adapt to suit your schedules and personal commitments
• 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and an additional three closure days over Christmas
• A generous pension scheme with above average employer contributions
• A range of leave options, including parental leave, volunteer leave and even career breaks.
• A generous budget to attend conferences and in-person training
• Allocated allowance of up to £250 to equip your home office
• A company culture which supports and promotes personal learning and development, including access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning
• Mental health first aid trained staff and supportive environment, plus your own Wellbeing allowance to spend on wellbeing for you
• Financial well-being support
• Discounts on big-name high-street stores
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee recognition awards and travel loans
Equality, diversity and inclusion
At Jisc, we strive to be best in practice and are working hard to achieve progressive change. ‘Always inclusive’ is one of our six guiding principles - a principle which actively encourages acceptance of differences within individuals.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodivergence, trans status, veteran status or gender identity.
Please do let us know what reasonable adjustments you need made to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We will be happy to help you.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 21/09/2022.