Account Manager (Scotland)
Account Manager – FE/HE & Skills
Salary: from £40,000 to £47,000 per annum when working full time (35 hours a week)
Location: Scotland - Remote /Field Based
We’re looking for amazing people to help us drive a digital revolution for the benefit of society.
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our passionate team of people want to make a social impact and challenge conventional thinking as they work on cutting-edge, emerging technologies and solutions – the kind you won’t find anywhere else.
A place of openness and inclusivity, here we don’t just execute – we have the creative freedom and support to ideate, build and see our impact on an entire collective.
Not only do we have the opportunity to work at the highest level, but on meaningful projects too. That’s why we look for brave risk-takers – those who are always thinking one step ahead to power our organisation forward, and realise our digital vision.
The Jisc Scotland team’s purpose includes promoting and facilitating the take-up of Jisc’s services by colleges and universities in Scotland (both core grant funded services and additional ‘paid for’ services), ensuring funder and member satisfaction. Its all about coordinating and collaborating with key stakeholders, representing Jisc in relevant post-16 educational communities, and representing Scotland’s perspective within Jisc
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you're excited about working for us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
Do you happen to have:
• Significant account and sales management experience, including sales through service
• Good understanding of Jisc members and/or customer business models would be beneficial but not essential
• Good understanding of Scottish HE, FE and Post 16 national and sector priorities
• Good appreciation of digital technologies and their application to research, education and skills training
About the role
This is such a fantastic opportunity for you to be based in our Scotland team, where you will be instrumental in helping to build strategic relationships with a portfolio of members across both the HE and FE sectors
Your key areas of focus are mainly but not limited to:
• Ensure the appropriate provision of information from Jisc to member and stakeholder contacts and facilitate access to appropriate expertise within Jisc.
• Increase take-up of Jisc’s offer by member institutions, including revenue-generating sales, use of included membership services, and greater usage of already taken-up services.
• Always pursue opportunities to upsell and cross sell
• Consistently drive a high level of member satisfaction and perception of Jisc’s value.
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too, We offer:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
• You have the option to join a generous pension scheme
• We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can, our main officers are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, we don’t use closing dates. We advertised this role on 24/11/2021