ITSM Programme Manager
Contract:12 month fixed term contract
Location: Harwell, Bristol, London or Manchester
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our passionate team of people want to make a social impact and challenge conventional thinking as they work on cutting-edge, emerging technologies and solutions – the kind you won’t find anywhere else.
This is the place where world-class minds fuse the best of education with the best of technology to set standards. Big remits, lots of autonomy and plenty of trust is what keeps our people delivering incredible things for our members and non-members.
We build on our legacy to think one step ahead and answer ever changing needs. We have a unique role and commitment to our collective, and by delivering access, advice and true partnership, we enable progress for the entire community that rely on us – something to feel proud and excited about.
That’s why world-class is our ambition and maximising our social impact means everything – because when we prosper, everyone prospers. So if you’re ready to own it and run with it, to learn fast and get it done, to take pride in what you do and never stand still, then this is the place.
Join Jisc. A social enterprise unlike any other.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you're excited about working for us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!??
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
• Experience of leading large-scale business change programmes.
• Experience of using software tools to support programme delivery.
• Experience of programme and project management methodologies including Agile.
• Experience in applying technology to solve business problems, either in the education and research sector or in other sectors.
• Experience of working with customers and delivering solutions to meet strategic business needs.
About the role
As our ITSM Programme manager you will join our EPMO team within our strategy & corporate services directorate. We are responsible for delivering strategic projects across the organisation and operate an Enterprise Project Management Office which acts as a centre of excellence for all projects and programmes within Jisc.
You can expect to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of projects/programme and will be responsible for engaging with business analysts, development teams, programme sponsors, process owners, service owners and third-party suppliers as necessary to plan and deliver programmes according to the agreed parameters.
The role has been created to manage the implementation of a business-wide IT Service Management platform to replace the existing systems and decommission such systems.
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
• You have the option to join a generous pension scheme
• We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.???
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 31/3/21.