Business Development Manager
Salary: Up to £35,000 pa based on full-time hours of 35 hours pw
Location: UK based, flexible on location
Please note, we require a covering letter for you to be considered for this role. Please attach your covering letter to the first page of your CV, and upload this as one document.
The cover letter should be no longer than one page. It should outline why you have applied to Jisc for this role, and what makes you a great candidate.
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change. At Jisc, everyone plays a key role and has a chance to feel part of it. For us, that is the definition of a meaningful career.
Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact as a collective is huge.
We’re gearing up to our most exciting chapter yet – one with the chance to build new systems and make our mark by improving old ones. Our story will be written by those ready to take on challenges and see them through; the kind of people who never stop learning, while celebrating differences and using it to drive better solutions.
We’re looking for someone with significant experience driving success in high-growth or start-up environments. Ideally, in data and/or software services.
You will also be able to demonstrate a growth mindset, where challenges and failures are viewed as an opportunity for improvement and are tackled with resilience and perseverance.
We know that people can be put off applying for a job if they can’t tick every box. And we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. Regardless, if you're excited about working for us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
To summarise, we’re ideally looking for someone with:
• Experience in sales / business development roles and a track record of exceeding business goals
• Experience working in an office-based, customer-focused environment
• Experience working with CRM and financial systems (or similar software)
• Ability to work autonomously, and with other stakeholders, to achieve results
• Strength in problem solving - identifying threats and opportunities to strategic plans, and developing processes or plans to improve performance
• Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders of all seniority levels.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to work in deadline-driven environment
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) to achieve desired results
About the role:
The VerifID Growth Manager (Business Development Manager) will be responsible for developing, leading and implementing VerifID’s business growth strategy to enable the service to grow, thrive and support the wider business through surplus generation.
Responsibilities are expected to be developed and refined over time, and will include (but will not be restricted to):
• Ownership of plans and strategies for developing the service and achieving sales goals
• Securing new business and building on existing client relationships
• Identifying new strategic business opportunities and taking appropriate action
• Developing and supporting the implementation of business development/growth activities
• Preparing regular management reports detailing new business, repeat business, risks and opportunities to promote services in new markets
• Preparing and delivering written proposals, applications, and pitch presentations to clients
• Using specialist corporate systems for financial management, procurement and customer relationship management
Why work at Jisc:
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources, skills and expertise to help them achieve this. What’s more – your contributions help us to improve lives through education and research.
Our team have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. We focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to flexible working hours and working from home, where possible.
Our benefits are great too:
Thanks to our technology, connecting with each other is a doddle, but we also love getting face to face. This is something we value and find time for when we can, so you will need to travel on occasion. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
Other stuff you need to know:
• 25 days holiday (not including bank holidays and 3 days Christmas closure!)
• Simply health – a health cash plan
• You have the option to join the generous USS pension scheme
• Discounts on IT equipment, a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
• Generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.
This role was advertised on 18/6/2021.