Product Manager - OpenAthens
Salary: c.£36,000 (when working full time 35 hours)
Location : Hybrid or at any of our hubs
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a meaningful impact and challenge conventional thinking. They’re brave risk-takers who aren’t afraid to succeed and always think one step ahead in a place like no other.
Here we are surrounded by some of the world’s smartest minds, in a diverse, inclusive environment that fuses the best of education with the best of technology. We’ve created a unique model, bringing unique opportunities and challenges to really stretch and test ourselves. It keeps our work varied, original and surprising – and that’s why we love it.
We are powered by diverse thinking, but it’s our purpose that unites us all. We look for passionate people like us, those inspired to ensure our world-class solutions are being delivered at the highest standards for our community. It’s a big responsibility, but a rewarding one – we’re the voice of our members and non-members and understanding them is what keeps us at the cutting-edge and makes our work meaningful.
Here, world-class is our ambition and maximising our social impact means everything – because when we prosper, everyone prospers. So if you’re ready to own it and run with it, to learn fast and get it done, to take pride in what you do and never stand still, then this is the place.
Join Jisc. A social enterprise unlike any other.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
• Product Management experience with some knowledge and understanding of academic publishing/research ecosystem would be amazing
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• A passionate, creative thinker with an insistence on following human-centred design principles.
• Experience working on end-to-end projects, with an in-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
• The ability to grasp technical concepts and clearly communicate them to a wider audience
• Commercially aware, with an understanding of what it takes to affect change in large organisations.
OpenAthens is an identity and access management service. It allows organisations to keep usernames in the cloud, locally or both. We help more than 2,600 organizations in over 50 countries have access to the knowledge they want when they want it.
You will be responsible for the OpenAthens portfolio of products used by libraries and publishers around the world and as our customers grow in new markets and new regions you will listen to the needs and requirements of key stakeholders and turn these into a roadmap that ensures OpenAthens is fit to face the challenges of today and tomorrow.
This is a challenging role with ambitious targets worldwide, you will play a key role in our services to offer a viable and valuable solution that enables OpenAthens to grow.
• Own the roadmap and associated backlog for the product. You are accountable for the end-to-end delivery of product(s) within the portfolio.
• Communicate with key stakeholders to keep them up to date and aligned to the product development process.
• Responsible for gathering customer insights through focus groups, field research and data/analytics.
• Work across product and engineering to drive continuous efficiency improvements.
• Present strategy, progress and learnings to senior stakeholders throughout the business
• Run regular refinement and planning sessions with internal and external stakeholders
Why work at Jisc:
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working, including flexible hours and working from home.
We’re always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
• The option to join a generous pension scheme
• A wide range of discounts, a cycle scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans, as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is easy, thanks to our technology but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. Our main hubs are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester, so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical to our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you’re great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
Let us know if you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We’ll be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s when we receive them , and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match. We don’t usually use closing dates, so apply as soon as you can to avoid missing out. We advertised this role on 09/09/21