Marketing Officer - 9 month FTC
Job Type: Full-time, 9 month FTC (Maternity Cover)
Salary: c£24,000 pa DOE, based on full-time working of 35 hours pw
Location: UK, flexible on location
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change – at Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact on our collective is huge.
We’re a place unlike any other, where the best of education fuses with the best of technology to create a unique model with its unique opportunities and interesting problems to solve. It’s what keeps our work varied, original and surprising – and that’s why we love it.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you're excited about working for us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!??
We’re ideally looking for someone with experience of:
• Co-ordinating several marketing campaigns/projects at one time
• Campaign planning, delivery and reporting across multiple channels
• Content development and delivery and writing and editing member/customer facing copy across digital channels
• Effectively liaising with and managing internal and external stakeholders
We’re ideally looking for someone with the following skills:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
• Effective brief writing.
• Able to plan, prioritise and organise own workload as well as work across teams.
• Good analytical skills with the ability to monitor, interpret and report on data and metrics to effectively monitor and evaluate campaigns.
About the role?
The marketing planning team is at the heart of the marketing and communications activity at Jisc. The highly experienced and passionate team are vital in the development, planning and execution of all of our marketing activity - Campaigns, member events and product support all make up the hugely varied and exciting work carried out by the team The marketing planning team are focussed around communicating to our members and customers the many ways Jisc supports them in their work to help them deliver a better experience and better outcomes for their learners and staff.
In this role you will be central to the delivery of marketing campaigns and projects. As well as producing marketing content and communications for a range of channels, you will co-ordinate marketing campaigns and activity across teams and help to ensure we are continuously improving and optimising our marketing.
Please see below for more information on some of the roles responsibilities:
• Supporting the marketing planning and campaign development process through the collation and analysis of marketing information from a range of internal and external sources.
• Day-to-day management of marketing campaigns, projects and activity. Working across the project team to populate project plans and schedules with agreed tasks and deliverables and ensure deadlines are met. Keeping the project team and key stakeholders informed of work plans and progress towards goals.
• Putting in place agreed tracking measures for campaigns and monitoring on an ongoing basis, proactively making recommendations to optimise and improve performance. Regularly reporting on the performance of marketing campaigns and activity to the project team and key stakeholders.
• Working with internal stakeholders and marketing and communications teams to update marketing information across digital channels and produce marketing collateral. Writing effective copy and production briefs and co-ordinating delivery across teams.
• Creating compelling content and copy that is tailored by channel and to target audience needs. Writing, editing and proofing copy and ensuring it follows brand tone of voice guidelines.
• Supporting the Marketing Business Partners in managing relationships and communications with directorates. Effectively responding to internal stakeholder requests, queries and issues, escalating these as appropriate.
• Providing marketing support for events including the promotion of events and events logistics. Will involve attendance at events.
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
• You have the option to join a generous pension scheme
• We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and is essential in this role, so you will need to travel. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 21/04/21.