Business Analyst - CRM project
Role: Business analyst - CRM project
Salary: From £36,000 per annum negotiable depending on experience (when working full time max 35 hours per week)
Location: Hybrid - office based with full flexibility to work from home or at any of our main hubs – London, Bristol, Manchester and Harwell.
Jisc is the UK higher, further education and skills sectors’ not-for-profit organisation for digital services and solutions. We operate shared digital infrastructure and services; negotiate sector-wide deals with IT vendors and commercial publishers; and provide trusted advice and practical assistance for universities, colleges and learning providers.
We believe in technology for good – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change and are at the heart of our success. At Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career.
The EPMO team sit within the strategy & corporate services directorate, and are responsible for delivering strategic projects across the organisation. We operate an Enterprise Project Management Office which acts as a centre of excellence for all projects and programmes within Jisc.
About the role:
This is a fantastic new role where you will be part of the EPMO, working specifically on the Jisc CRM (Customer Relationship Management) project as part of the core CRM project team. Jisc utilise Salesforce CRM as their enterprise platform for all interactions with its members and customers.
Due to recent mergers, Jisc have inherited a number of standalone CRMs, and there is now a strategic need to optimise and consolidate internal processes by bringing these together.
You will be interfacing with a variety of internal stakeholders to support with the design and planning phases of the project. We will have completed the discovery phase where ‘As Is’ process maps and business requirements will have been captured.
We will however need to drill down into further detail and define more granular user/job stories to help with the eventual build of the CRM system itself as well as collaborating with other dependent business areas to, capture every nuance of their business functions in scope of the project in order to document thorough business wide requirements and build a sector leading CRM solution.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We are looking for:
• Experience with Salesforce including knowledge of Sales processes & customer/contact management
• Previous experience of providing technical business analysis
• Business process improvement and re-engineering
• Demonstrable experience of Salesforce CRM implementation / enhancements
• Demonstrable experience of using software tools to support project delivery, for example Jira, Confluence, MS Visio
• Experience of working with customers and delivering solutions to meet strategic business needs
• Experience of working with third-party software suppliers
Why work at Jisc:
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working.
We offer hybrid working although a majority of our staff work from home. To keep close to our team and other colleagues, we chat and collaborate effectively online via Teams and other channels. All our offices are open if you prefer that kind of environment, and occasionally we will have an ‘office day’ just to catch up and get some face time with each other. A few of our roles require you to be in the office more regularly, but this will be discussed at interview.
You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the education and research sectors. We’re always learning and developing, and all our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
• Flexible work pattern, that can adapt to suit your schedules and family commitments.
• 28 days holidays per annum plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 3 days paid leave between Christmas and New Year for company closure
• A generous pension scheme with above average employer contributions.
• A range of leave options, including parental leave, volunteer leave and even career breaks.
• Access to LinkedIn learning, thousands of courses and free books for learning skills.
• A generous budget to attend conferences and in-person training
• Allocated allowance to equip your home office
• A company culture which supports and promotes personal learning and development.
• Mental health first aid trained staff and supportive environment.
• Financial well-being support.
• Public sector discounts on big-name high-street stores.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Employee recognition awards and travel loans.
Connecting with each other is easy, thanks to our technology but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. Our main offices are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester, so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 01/08/2022